Instagram Branded Content is essentially an influencer-generated post that has been promoted by a brand or business. This branded influencer content is typically created to promote a brand in exchange for some sort of compensation, allowing brands to “authentically find new consumers, build advocacy, and drive business impact at the intersection of culture and advertising.”
What Are the Benefits?
- The ads can be optimized. Unlike traditional influencer content where you are limited to the influencer’s following for reach, a branded content ad can be optimized for greater reach and engagement.
- The content is highly engaged with. Branded influencer content tends to have a more organic look and feel. Because of this, users are more likely to trust this content and engage with it.
- The content guides shoppers. According to Facebook, 42% of users said that branded influencer content has helped with discovering products or services.
- The ads provide transparency to Instagram users. This type of content has a “Paid Partnership with…” label under the influencer’s Instagram handle, giving users a sense of security and transparency.
- The content creates an integrated shopping experience. Instagram allows brands to combine shopping tags with branded content ads, so users can shop right on the app.
- Instagram drives sales. According to another Facebook survey, “87% said that they took action after seeing product information on Instagram, such as following a brand, visiting their website or making a purchase online.”
What Formats Are Available?
- Feed Carousel
- Stories Carousel (Stories carousels are only available when a creator creates a new ad without a pre-existing organic post)
- Note: Interactive elements are not available for Branded Content stories ads.
What Objectives Are Available?
- Brand Awareness
- Video Views
- Engagement (does not work for Stories)
- Conversions (with website events only)
- App Installs
- Mobile App Installs
For more information regarding branded influencer content and how to set up a campaign, send us a note at email@example.com! Our team of experts are ready to take your content to the next level.
Written By: Tara Killmer, Account Supervisor, Paid