14 Oct 6 Steps to Building your Social Media Strategy
You’ve started a business! Now what?? It’s never been more important to utilize social media as a major part of your marketing strategy. Using social media can not only build brand awareness but increase your customer base, connect you to your current customers, and increase your SEO.
Now that you know you need to be on social media, it is important to keep a few things in mind when planning your social media strategy:
- Audit your current social presence: Where are you right now? Do you have your accounts created? What is your engagement like?
- Identify which platforms your audience is on: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter remain to reign supreme as the top 3 platforms the majority of users live on, but depending on your business structure, there may be additional beneficial platforms.
- Research and pinpoint your competitors: What is working for your competition and can it work for you?
- Define your goals: What are you looking to achieve with your social media strategy? Brand awareness, increased traffic to your store, sales?
- Plan & create content: Share your brand’s story and ask your audience questions – create a call to action to build engagement.
- Track & analyze: Use your insights and findings from the month to plan for future strategy.
A great social media strategy is never complete. It is important to act and react as your audience grows and changes and your business evolves.
Socialfly is excited to announce the launch of Sweetrise, a new division dedicated to growing small businesses. If you are interested in working with Sweetrise, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.