27 Feb Live Tweeting Has Never Been Better: The Story of the 89th Academy Awards
Dust the popcorn off your couch, fire up your Twitter engines, and get ready to throw some likes at the best live tweets from last night’s 89th Academy Awards ceremony – because Hollywood’s biggest night came packed with incredible outfits, instantly GIF-able moments, and a bizarre envelope-switcharoo that threw the audience and the Twitter-verse for a loop. Yes, I’m talking about the moment when the cast and crew of La La Land realized mid-acceptance speech that there had been a horrible mistake of Steve Harvey-proportions, and Moonlight had in fact won the award for Best Picture. I could describe the scenario further, but I’ll let the best corners of the internet do that for you instead below.
- This accurate description of how Viola Davis makes all of us feel.
viola davis could stand in front of me and convince me i deserve to die and i would agree
— Matt Bellassai (@MattBellassai) February 27, 2017
- The swoon-worthy Dev Patel, reacting to the cutest co-star he’ll ever work with – Sunny Pawar.
— Chitra (@Khaleesi_Ren) February 27, 2017
- Jimmy Kimmel’s attempt to get 45’s attention live during the award ceremony.
Hey @realDonaldTrump u up?
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) February 27, 2017
- The only way to handle this mix-up.
Every time someone says “Hidden Fences” pic.twitter.com/gLWYUbNQwr
— Jen Lewis (@thisjenlewis) February 27, 2017
- How Mahershala Ali more-than-likely looked at his statuette last night.
mahershala ali pic.twitter.com/j9MgJCOcph
— 🚘 (@VanDerek_) February 27, 2017
- This shocking revelation from Ryan Gosling.
“i actually didn’t write allie every day for a year.” pic.twitter.com/99nyhumiQy
— Kayla Yandoli (@kaylayandoli) February 27, 2017
- Twitter, Before the Best Picture Incident (B.B.P.I.).
desperately need Moonlight to hit this full court buzzer beater against La La Land for Best Picture
— Shea Serrano (@SheaSerrano) February 27, 2017
- Twitter, After the Best Picture Incident (A.B.P.I.).
the internet is incredible pic.twitter.com/hgtjpYu0Yv
— 50 Shades of Awkward (@OhWowThatsAwk) February 27, 2017
- It kept getting better.
IF ANYONE FROM THE IN MEMORIUM IS STILL ALIVE PLEASE LET US KNOW
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) February 27, 2017
- We reached peak Twitter.
— SOCIALFLY® (@Socialfly) February 27, 2017
- Netflix tied in some self-advertising.
— Netflix US (@netflix) February 27, 2017
- And Seinfeld Current Day, had the best moment of their tweeting career.
warren your enthusiasm pic.twitter.com/r0HqRWHuy1
— Seinfeld Current Day (@Seinfeld2000) February 27, 2017
What were your favorite Twitter moments from The Academy Awards? Tweet us @socialfly and let us know!