01 Oct RECAP: SocialLIVE Episode 110 with Ashley Hesseltine
Have you listened to the Girls Gotta Eat podcast? Comedian and co-host, Ashley Hesseltine joins us on #SocialLIVE to give us her unfiltered view on the success of the hilarious and uncensored podcast.
- Last week, Instagram’s co-founders, Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, resigned from the company. Systrom and Krieger created the app in 2010 and have grown from 13 people to over a thousand with offices around the world. Since being bought by Facebook in 2012, the app has expanded capabilities and grown their user base to over 1 billion people. We discuss what we think they will do next.
- In other Instagram news, a new potential update might end overhashing on the platform. A code hacker found what appears to be a new option that would let users add hashtags to their posts in a separate field.
- Snapchat‘s partnership with Amazon is officially happening! The new test is a new way to search for products on Amazon right from the Snapchat camera. The feature will begin rolling out slowly in the coming months.
- Facebook is now allowing some Pages to join Facebook groups, and comment and interact within them as a business Page. This update will help brands and businesses further engage with their audience and makes sense given the prioritization of groups since Facebook update its algorithm.
- Lastly, Ashley Hesseltine joins #SocialLIVE to chat about the success of her podcast, Girls Gotta Eat, and talk about why you should DM dogs over dudes.
Watch the full video on Facebook for more of the latest social updates!