Wondering what’s trending on social this month? We’ve got you covered with our November social media trend report.
Platform Updates & Industry News
- Instagram Provides the Capacity to Add Music to Still Image Posts: Instagram has added the capacity to add music to still image posts, providing another way to integrate music into the IG experience.
- Slew of fake verified tweets cause chaos and confusion on Twitter: Elon Musk’s $8 blue ticks for all ‘verification’ program, his first major user-facing initiative since taking over the app, has caused a broad range of issues over how to enforce the platform’s rules, potential legal concerns, and even stock market impacts for some impersonated businesses. In more recent news, Elon Musk says a revised $8 Twitter Blue ‘verification’ program will resume on November 29th.
- Meta Announces New Creator Monetization Tools, Including Subscriptions on IG and New NFT Options: At Meta’s Creator Week earlier this month, the company announced new features for creators, including expanded monetization opportunities, and new tools to facilitate creation and selling of NFTs.
- YouTube Announces Expanded Roll-Out of its Live-Stream Guests Feature: YouTube has announced that it’s opening up its ‘Go Live Together’ option to more users, which will provide more creative considerations for your live-streams in the app.
- YouTube Expands Comment Translations and Smart Replies to More Users: YouTube has announced an expansion of its comment translation tools, along with broader access to Smart Replies, its streamlined, template response option, which makes it easier to quickly engage with viewers in the app.
- YouTube Makes ‘Search Insights’ Available in More Languages, Adds Super Thanks Push Notifications: YouTube has announced that it’s making its Search Insights feature available in more languages, providing additional research capacity for your approach. It’s also adding new Super Thanks push notifications to help maximize supporter engagement opportunities.
- New Report Looks at How Teens Use Social Apps, and Their Overall Connective Benefits: Teen users see social platforms as having a largely positive impact on their lives and relationships.
Trending Reels Audio
- Big Energy| Users are sharing their travel experiences, tips and tricks
- There She Goes| Users are sharing activities that make them feel like a main character
- I’m Coming Back For You| The previously trending TikTok sound is now trending on Reels
- Don’t I Make It Look Easy| Users are sharing their holiday tips and tricks with this Meghan Trainor song
- Intoxicated| Users are sharing tips and tricks within their niches with the tips changing on the beat
- Carol of the Bells| Users are sharing their holiday inspired content
- Made You Look| Different from the TikTok dance to Meghan Trainor’s song, creators are using the audio on Reels to share POV’s within their niches.
Trending TikTok Sounds
- Bejeweled| Users are sharing POV’s within their niche
- It’s Time!| Users are sharing things they look forward to or get excited about
- No Hands| Users are showing off their adventures with their “I’m down if you’re down” friend.
- Bring the Action| Users are using this sound in various ways on TikTok
- Days of the Week| Users are sharing what outfits they wear throughout the week
- I’m Putting On My Best Show| Users are sharing how dramatic they are or how they’re able to disguise their true behaviors or personality
For more social media trends and platform updates, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.