This year before our Socialfly team parts ways for the holidays, we decided to spread a little cheer and make emoji ornaments for our office tree! With a few simple craft supplies from Michael’s and inspiration from our holiday Spotify playlist, we took the emojis from our keyboards and used them to decorate our office. Outlined below are the steps to create your own emoji ornament!
What you will need:
1. A love and knowledge of the emoji keyboard
2. Yellow glitter
3. Elmer’s Craft Bond Rubber Cement
4. Felt in the colors you need to make your favorite emoji (you can also use cardstock paper and markers)
5. A blank ornament shaped like a circle
How to make your ornament:
1. Paint the front of your ornament with Elmer’s Craft Bond glue (there is a paint brush included in the jar).
2. Before the glue dries, sprinkle the yellow glitter on top of it, shaking any excess glitter off of your ornament.
3. Choose which emoji face you’d like to recreate.
4. Cut the felt (or cardstock paper) into the shapes needed to make the emoji’s facial expressions (eyebrows, eyes, hearts, mouth, tears, etc.).
5. Glue the pieces onto the ornament.
6. Voila! You’ve just made the perfect emoji for your tree!
As you can see, our team created a wide variety of our favorite yellow friends. They made for a perfect shout out to social media on our tree!