06 Jun Twitter 101
Ready to join the twitter realm? We welcome you. But before you do that, let us show you how to tweet – the right way.
- A tweet is a message that allows you to say whatever your heart desires – in 140-characters.
- Like someone else’s tweet? RT (retweet) it! This basically allows you to re-share the same statement someone just made. All with the click of a button.
- Got a notification with your handle (username) in it? That’s a mention. Check you out! Someone either rt-ed you, replied to your tweet, or maybe its just spam.
- Any newsworthy hot topics you’re interested in? Or maybe you’d like to create your own buzzworthy topic? Use the hashtag (#) before a word or phrase, along with your tweet, so the twitter world can click on it and join in on the conversation.
- Most importantly – follow, follow, follow! Friends, family, and even people whose tweets are just appealing to you!
Well, those are the most important basics. I think you’re ready!
Still need a little more help? Check out this article for all of the deets… http://on.mash.to/LAdwl3